- What biases, unconscious or otherwise, do you have that may be creating barriers to opportunities?
- How might you expand your sphere of influence?
- Where do you see inequities show up in your life?
- Do you consider yourself to be an ally? If so, how come? If not, how could you become one?
- What worldview are you privileging as you consider what actions to take? What other viewpoints do you need to learn and consider before acting?
- What are your personal strengths that will lead to success with your identified goals?
- Do you have CEO and/or board level support for focusing on DEI?
- Do you have a clear definition of DEI and why it is important for your organization?
- Is your staff, senior leadership team, and board racially and ethnically diverse?
- Do you have formal practices to recruit, select, develop and retain diverse staff and board members?
- Are staff and board members experienced in talking about race/ethnicity, diversity, and inclusion?
- What are your organization’s strengths that will lead to success with your identified goals?
- What would success look like for cultural inclusiveness in your community?
- What individuals and organizations should be informed / involved?
- What individuals and organizations might resist? How?
- What substantive issues may help bring people from different cultural groups together in your community?
- What are the strengths of your community that will lead to achieving the identified goals?